Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Yellowstone

This summer has been really fun for Jeff and I. We have had the opportunity to go on vacation with both our families. At the first of June we went to Yellowstone with my family, and then later in the month we went to Pineview with Jeff's. Our Yellowstone trip was so much fun. Both Jeff and I grew up with families who traveled to Yellowstone quite a lot, but haven't gone recently. It has actually been quite a few years since either one of us has gone so we were both really excited. We originally were going to camp out during the week, but after figuring out that I would be about 6 months pregnant when we were going we decided to stay in a cabin with my family. We were so grateful for that decision mostly because it rained the whole time we were there. It didn't ruin our vacation at all though because we were able to see so many animals out. We also saw all the things we wanted still. It was such a fun vacation and I can't wait to visit again. Thanks mom, dad, and Britt for taking us, and putting up with my side pains. Here are a few pictures from our trip.
Here is one of the thousand Bison we saw during the trip. This one was walking right by our car.

Another animal that was super close to our car. We saw thousands of elk as well.

Britt and I at one of the many beautiful waterfalls. The water level was so high this year that a whole bunch of new waterfalls were falling everywhere.

Jeff, Mom and I at Mammoth hot springs.
The Grand Tetons at night. We spent many nights sitting at this bay looking at the mountains. They were so beautiful.
Yep that's a bear. It actually ran over this hill and then came back down the other side and ran right in front of our car. It was the closest we have ever seen a bear. It was huge!! We saw 2 more bears on our trip, along with a bunch of coyotes, moose, deer, eagles, bison, elk, etc. The only thing we didn't see was a wolf.

The family at another waterfall.
Mom and I at a hot pot.Our one sunny day during the trip. It was still freezing though. Here we are looking at the lower falls. This is my dad's favorite spot.

We had such a fun time. Even through all the rain, it was such a beautiful place. I can't wait for Brynnlee to get old enough to go with us.

No comments: