Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The joys of owning a home

This weekend Jeff and I had an interesting experience with our home. We have been trying to figure out what is going on with our leak in our ceiling and have decided it has to be coming from outside. Jeff on Saturday went and looked, and thinks that it must be a spot that is puddling on our roof, and so he spent a few hours out in the rain putting some flashing in that area that will hopefully make the water slide off the area and down to the rain gutters. Well we were so excited because when he did that the dripping stopped in our living room, but it is still flooding our bathroom. I guess this leak will never end. We also fixed a leak in a valve for our water heater, but in order to do that Jeff turned off the pilot light. Big Mistake!!! We couldn't get it lit again. So after trying for two days straight we finally gave in and called a plumber to come out and do that. Well it took him about 3 tries and the plumber got the pilot light on. I thought maybe he would be nice about it since it took him about 2 minutes and no tools, but of course I am not that lucky and he charged us $88 to do that. Bummer!!! Oh well, I am still grateful to have a beautiful house that Jeff and I live in. I have been told that we are at least lucky enough to not have had our sewer back up. I will just stay grateful for that!!

1 comment:

Megan Hauze said...

UGH, what a pain. The joys of owning a home, the work never ends. Yes, be glad the sewer hasn't backed up yet. That happened in our first house, WHAT A MESS!!!! Thanks for coming out so late the other night with Jeff, that was a much needed "visit". I am so glad to have such good family. Love you guys!